Global Village Montessori is a quality preschool with a balanced curriculum that is well-liked by children, parents, and teachers. We have a location in Pleasanton and two locations in Milpitas.
Our teachers are passionate childhood educators and love being with children. We are looking for teachers who are kind-hearted and can provide a stimulating environment for the children. Our goal is to celebrate diversity and provide a comfortable environment for teachers, children and parents. We celebrate a number of events in the school from various cultures. Our teachers are well respected by parents and Management.
We offer several benefits that include paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, child care benefit, professional training and others. We try to add new benefits over time. We are seeking preschool teachers for multiple positions in Pleasanton. We are looking for high-energy persons with a passion for education, love for children and good communication skills.
• 12 ECE units, including Infant and Toddler units
• AMS or AMI Montessori training desired
• CPR, first-aid skills and 15-hour Health and Safety training
• Minimum of 1 year experience working with 2 - 3 year old children in a child development setting for Head Teacher position
• Must be able to provide 3 references
• Must have fingerprinting, health screening and TB test
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Create a warm environment for the toddlers, define/implement curriculum;
• Provide guidance and teaching to the children
• Plan, prepare and maintain units of study lessons, and 'works' (mini-tasks),
• Sings along during Circle Time and maintains high-energy during the day.
• Maintain individual student record
• Potty train children (in the Toddler classroom).
• Collaborative work with co-teachers in classroom design, curriculum development, and materials exploration.
• Implement developmentally appropriate and best practices.